The ALK-2 is a switch box for speakers, keying lines, ALC lines or whatever you need. It has two switched and one common set of jacks in the back: 1/8th inch stereo and RCA jacks in parallel. On the front, a push-in/push-out selects the port, and an LED lights to indicate the selection. For instance, you can switch one speaker between two radios, or two radios between one speaker.
The ALK-2 runs on 12 volts DC at 100 ma from any suitable source. It makes switching speakers or keys a breeze, letting you use whichever rig you need it when you need it. You can even pre-set it, and remote control it by switching the 12 volt dc on and off from a distance.
· Two switched sets of parallel-connected 1/8” stereo jacks and RCA jacks.
· Two circuits (stereo) switched. Red jacks are right channel, white jacks are left channel.
· Stereo 1/8” plug and RCA plugs of a given port are wired in parallel
· Maximum current 1A per circuit, 32 V.
· Remote operation possible
· Requires 12 volts at 100 mA, 2.5 x 5.5 mm jack, center positive
· If RF is transmitted through the ALK-2, keep it below 5 watts, 30 MHz, 3:1 SWR.
· 6.5” wide x 3.5” long x 1.5” high
· Weight 1 pound