Icom proudly announces the debut of a new 5W, UHF digital transceiver, ID-31A. The ID-31A/E has a look and feel along with a new user interface packed into slim, compact chassis protected with IPX7 submersible construction.
The built-in GPS receiver shows your current position and altitude for GPS position reporting function and the GPS log function tracks your movement. The ID-31A has a micro SD card slot which can be used for storing GPS log, voice memory and memory contents.
The large full dot-matrix display, directional keypad and quick menu button also ease the usability. Accessing D-STAR (Digital Smart Technology for Amateur Radio) repeater has been made even easier.
So Many Features
- 25.4mm (1 inch) depth slim and compact body
- IPX7 submersible construction
- Built-in GPS shows current position and altitude for GPS position reporting
- GPS log function tracks your movement
- Micro SD card slot for recording voice of incoming and outgoing calls, GPS log, memory contents to a micro SD card (Micro SD card is not supplied from Icom)
- Large dot-matrix display and directional keypad
- Total 1252 memory channels including 500 regular, 700 D-STAR repeater memories, 50 scan edges and 2 call channels
- Cloning software CS-31 is supplied with the ID-31A
Lightweight & compact body
The ID-31A/E has a compact 58×95×25.4 mm body, and weighs only 225g (approx.) with battery pack and antenna. It’s a truly palm-size, 5W radio.
IPX7 submersible construction
The ID-31A/E provides superior waterproof protection equivalent to IPX7 (1m depth of water for 30 minutes). It can be used in harsh outdoor environments, when hiking, mountain biking, touring and mountain sports.
D-STAR DV mode (Digital Voice + data)
The ID-31A/E is compatible with the JARL D-STAR format. The D-STAR DV mode has lots of advantages over the analog FM mode: digitally modulated clear voice, quiet stand-by, individual calling using a call sign and access to the world wide repeater network linked with the Internet.
Built-in GPS receiver
The built-in GPS receiver shows your current position and altitude on the display and offers a position reporting function in DV mode. The GPS log function logs your position information at regular intervals (1 second–60 seconds, depending on the setting) and memorizes this in the micro SD card to export to your PC. In addition, the GPS-A mode assists in easy D-PRS mode operation.
Micro SD card slot
When used with a micro SD card (Up to 32GB), the micro SD card can record and play incoming and outgoing calls, and can store various contents including GPS log data, memory channels, D-STAR repeater memories and other personal settings. Used with the supplied software, CS-31, memory channels, D-STAR repeater memories and personal settings can be customized.
Automatic repeater list-up function
Using the GPS position information, the automatic repeater list-up function shows the list of nearby D-STAR repeaters from the memory* and helps you to access the nearby D-STAR repeater.
* To use the automatic repeater list-up function, the position data of the repeater is required. The ID-31A/E will be shipped with D-STAR repeater memories pre-programmed, but the position data of some D-STAR repeaters may not be available.
Full dot-matrix display and directional keypad
The large full dot-matrix display with easy-to-read characters increases the amount of information available to you. The directional keypad and quick menu button help you with quick and intuitive access to many settings and speeds up the operation. The LCD and keypad backlighting give you handy for night time operation.
Total 1252 memory channels
The ID-31A/E has a total 1252 memory channels (including 500 regular channels, 700 D-STAR repeater (DR) memories, 50 scan edges and 2 call channels) with 26 memory banks. All memory channels, program scan edges and memory banks can be named with 8-character channel comments.
5W output power
Using a highly-efficient PA amplifier, the ID-31A/E generates 5W of RF output power from this compact body. The supplied BP-271 provides up to 4.5 hours* of operating time, and the optional large capacity battery pack, BP-272 provides up to 7.5 hours* of operating time. When you don't need full power operation, you can reduce output power to 2.5/0.5/0.1W for saving battery consumption.
*Typical operation with 1:1:8 duty cycle in DV mode. (Power save ON.)
Multiple scan functions
The ID-31A/E supports various scan types for maximum reception and ease of use.
- Full Scan
- Mode Memory Scan
- Bank link scan (DMS)
- Programmed scan
- All bank scan
- Program scan link
- Duplex scan
- Selected Bank Scan
- Skip scan
- Memory scan
- Tone Scan
CS-31 cloning software supplied with ID-31A/E
The CS-31 cloning software* is supplied with the ID-31A/E (supplied with the application CD). Used with this software, various settings including the memory channels, D-STAR repeater memories and other settings can be made from a PC. The latest version of the CS-31 will be available from the Icom web site.
* Either optional OPC-2218LU USB cloning cable or a micro SD card is required for transferring the data.
External DC power jack
An external DC power jack allows for operation with an external DC power supply (10–16V DC). When used with the CP-19R, CP-12L or OPC-254L/LR, simultaneous operation during charging is possible.
*When more than 14V volts is applied, the power protection function reduces the output power to Mid level (2.5W).
Other digital features
- One touch reply function
- squelch functions: digital code squelch and digital call sign squelch
- DR (D-STAR Repeater) mode
- Automatic speech function announces the received call sign
- Analog FM mode
- Built-in CTCSS/DTCS encoder and decoder (for analog FM)
- Automatic repeater function* automatically turns on/off duplex operation and tone encoder
(* USA, Korea and Export versions only)
- 16 DTMF memory channels (24 digits)
- Auto power save
- Auto power off
- Clock function
- Priority watch
- Key lock function
- CI-V level converter for remote radio control
- Squelch release function to monitor a weak signal.